Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Body Beast - Day Three

I awoke this morning dreading the first few steps of the day after yesterday's bout with Build - Legs.  Fortunately for me, those fears proved unfounded.  My legs were tired...but not as sore as I'd feared.  Not one to clown about, I donned my heart rate monitor and headed down to my basement gym to give the Build - Back & Biceps workout a go.

After a quick warm up, Sagi brought the hammer DOWN.  Single set deadlifts.  Super sets of dumbbell pull-overs and pull ups.  Giant sets of EZ bar rows, one arm rows, reverse flys and finally single sets of close grip chin ups. My lats, rhomboids and traps were THRASHED and I was HAPPY.

Then the biceps work began.  I can honestly say that this brought on the lactic acid burn faster and harder than even the leg work out.  The fun started with single set seated bicep curls followed by a single set of 1,1,2 hammer curls.  Start LIGHT on this exercise.  My biceps were SMOKING after the first set of 15.  Next up was a single set of neutral grip EZ bar curls followed by 2 30 second reps of airplane cobras.  My back, and my biceps especially, where SCREAMING but I was HAPPY.

Let me elaborate on that point...of being completely full of lactic acid...muscles burning and exhausted...but HAPPY.

We all have our own reasons for eating a healthy and nutritious diet...or not.  For exercising strenuously and consistently...or not.  My reasons for choosing this path are simple.  I simply feel BETTER doing it.  Gone are the days of food induced sloth and lethargy.  Of food induced guilt.  They have been replaced by days full of energy and vigor...and confidence that the fuel I put in my body is helping me, not hurting me.  Gone are the days of physical limitations...of remembering what I used to be able to do.  They have been replaced by days of DOING what I used to do....of doing anything I WANT to do.  Days of living with a REAL strength and a REAL confidence.  I'm no longer addicted to food.  I'm no longer addicted to the sofa.  Instead I'm addicted to the brain chemicals released after a high intensity work out...endorphins...and dopamines...similar to opiates in their ability to generate feelings of well being....but 100% natural...and healthy.

I'd like to challenge each of you to ask yourself a simple question if you are currently on the "or not" side of the equation.

WHY?!

What is your why for not at least TRYING to lead a healthier and more fit life?  I'd be happy to talk with you about it.  Help you find a way towards that result.  If you are curious...wavering...unsure how to get started, contact me.  I'll happily share with you what I've learned through my journey so far.

It's your life...it's time to start making the MOST of it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment