Thursday, October 3, 2013

Body Beast - Day Four

Throwback Thursday dawned bright and early...I was out of bed and straight downstairs for Build - Shoulders.  I had a feeling this one was gonna bring the lactic acid burn early....and with intensity...and I wasn't anywhere CLOSE to wrong.

Sagi isn't in to a lot of drama during warm ups.  After some jogging in place, shoulder rotations, lateral raises and front raises it was time to beast UP!!

It's vitally important to listen to Sagi's cues in this work out.  When he says lighter weights, he MEANS lighter weights.  Super sets of straight arm exercises are HARD on your shoulders.  Be careful.

Single set shoulder presses.  Super sets of lateral raises and upright rows.  Giant sets of EZ bar underhand press (wicked LOVE this move), 1,1,2 front raises (LIGHT weights here...this move lights your delts up FAST) and read delt raises.  Super sets of standing dumbbell shrugs and dumbbell scap trap.  I'd not done this move before and had to watch the segment a couple of times...then rewind and hit my bench to try it myself.  The required form is kinda tricky....but you'll know it when you get it right.  My surgically altered right trap muscle was SCREAMING through this move.  It's gotta get stretched out and brought back to shape so I pressed through.

The final move is called Sagi's Six-Way.  Remember...LIGHT WEIGHTS...and then grit your teeth and prepare for the BURN.  It's coming.  With an INTENSITY.  When Sagi puts the weights down and finishes with just his own arm weight, you KNOW it's tough.

The work out ends with some quick ab work (tuck and rolls on the bench) and an even briefer cool down stretch.  I spent a little extra time on my own stretching as I KNEW that I'd pushed my delts and traps beyond what they were conditioned to from P90X.

My body feels great and I'm loving the new 3,000 calorie a day nutrition plan.  Life...is GOOD. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment