Friday, October 4, 2013

Body Beast - Day Five

Friday!  Say it with me...it's FRIDAY!!!

I woke up this morning early...and got right downstairs to my gym.  Curious.  Eager to see what a muscle head like Sagi could bring for a cardio work out...and what he had in mind for abs.

I'll be honest, after Insanity, Asylum Volume 1 and my latest round of a P90X/Insanity hybrid, I feel pretty good about my cardiovascular strength and fitness.  I was CONFIDENT as I put the Beast Cardio / Beast Abs disc in and hit play.  

All right, big guy...let's see what you've got.  Well, what he had was an almost immediate beat down.  The speed sumo squats/holds were brutal.  And that was just the BEGINNING.  I was quickly in a full flop sweat and loving every minute of it.  I pushed HARD...he asked for my best and I dug in and GAVE my best.  Soon enough, the cardio workout was over and I was staggered.  

I took a couple of deep breaths and fired up the Beast Abs workout.  There isn't much to say about an abs workout.  You just get into beastmode DO it.  Some people HATE abs...I'm not one of them.  Functional strength...REAL strength in your core is the BEST investment you can make in your long term health.  Combine a strong core with good nutrition and you're most of the way there.

Tomorrow is a rest day...then it picks up again Sunday with another Chest &Triceps workout.  Here are my impressions after a week...

I wicked LOVE Sagi's attitude...his coaching.  All A-Type...all the time.  It suits me PERFECTLY.

"This is the moment...what are you going to do?!"

"We are WINNERS....WINNERS do NOT quit!!!"

"I want 10...not 7...not 8...TEN...NOW!!!"

Good....GOOD stuff.

The 3,000 calories at 25/50/25 is delicious and doesn't feel like a hardship to consume each day at all.  At this point, I'm firing on all cylinders and I'm ready to bear down and WORK.  I've gotta face the camera again in a couple of weeks and I want to see improvement!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment